On November 8, 2011, a pre-construction meeting was held. The following items were discussed at this meeting:
• Inspection of floor joists and sill plates. Builder was to inspect. (He never did).
• Asbestos siding. We/homeowner, would remove siding and dispose of same to save costs.
• Concerns were expressed by all, regarding the lack of any additional funds to pay for extras.
• We expressed concern for how this project would affect our neighbors. – This concern was mostly laughed off, by all involved and present.
• Pine tree on neighbor’s property? It was 50% ours, but… We tried to work with Borough Architect to build around this tree. Just look at the side of our foundation for proof. There is a hole there.
• Removal of patio, stone walls and landscaping. – We/homeowner, would palletize pavers and block so contractor could move on property as needed.
• Rental of adjacent lot for neighbor and contractor parking. Contractor said it was not necessary for him, as he would use the municipal lot. (Not a space left in our rented lot — all contractors filled up this lot).
• Elevating the house one additional course of blocks or 8 inches. (We paid the Builder, additionally for).
In politics, an absurdity is not a handicap.Napoleon Bonaparte